Do you know how to deal with poor performance in your business?
Performance monitoring looks at how an individual completes their duties as well as monitoring and assessing an understanding of the company’s vision, mission, the overall business and contribution.
It’s important to investigate the reasons for the poor performance. It’s unfair to discipline an employee for performance without warning. Employees should be informed of the work standards required and how they failing to meet them. Setting of standards along with regular appraisal procedure ensures changing standards, working abilities and associated problems are tackled early and potential problems avoided. The disciplinary procedure is intended to obtain satisfactory performance – it’s not designed to dismiss employees unless all else fails.. Gross misconduct will have a different approach.
Do you know how a performance appraisal may contribute to your business?
- A formal, recorded method of helping individuals to improve their performance.
- Allows you to identify shortcomings that can then be corrected through training and/or counselling.
- Essential if your business is to maximise the benefits of the workforce.
- Can help towards an individual’s personal development and the company.
- Helps identify and use an employee’s strengths for the good of the company. It can also identify weaknesses which can be targeted for improvement through training.
- Provides evidence of non-discrimination if challenged and conducted properly.
- An appraisal outcome can also assist in a redundancy selection. The employees should have been informed of the purpose..
- Can form the basis of a non-discriminatory performance based pay or incentive scheme.
Give us a call on 01270 446444 to see how we can help improve performance in your company.